The Barnard Noyce Teacher Scholars Program
The Barnard Noyce Teacher Scholars Program (BNTSP) will recruit, certify, and mentor 6 high-achieving students in STEM who are interested in teaching in high-need K-12 schools to complete either the Math or Science Education Initial Certification Master of Arts (MA) degree program at Teachers College (TC).
For Graduates from the Class of 2013 - Class of 2018:
Up to $30,000 of scholarship funding to complete the Initial Certification Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Degree Program in Math or Science Education at Teachers College:
- MATH-INIT: Secondary Certification (Math)
- SCIB-INIT: Secondary Certification (Biology)
- SCIC-INIT: Secondary Certification (Chemistry)
- SCIE-INIT: Secondary Certification (Earth Science)
- SCIP-INIT: Secondary Certification (Physics)
- Funding to attend Noyce Conferences and other professional conferences, such as NSTA, NCTM, AERA, or NARST while at CU or TC
- Web-based mentoring during your first years of teaching
- Opportunities to join and network with a nationally recognized group of talented STEM scholars who commit to teaching in high-need schools
Scholarship recipients must teach for two years in an approved high-need school district for each year of support received.
1 year of support = 2-year teaching commitment
2 years of support = 4-year teaching commitment
For more information about the Barnard Noyce Teacher Scholars Program, please contact Principal Investigator Professor Maria Rivera Maulucci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number 1239945